Pancake day is upon us! So here is my favourite pancake recipe and toppings.
– 2 Eggs
– A Pinch of Salt
– 100g of Plain Flour
– 1 tablespoon of Sunflower Oil
– 300ml of Milk (Preferably Semi-Skimmed)
1. Make a well in a large mixing bowl with the flour and salt. Crack the eggs into the middle, then pour in about 150ml milk and 1 tbsp oil. Whisk slowly making sure all the flour is mixed in then beat until you have a smooth, thick paste.
2. Whilst still whisking your batter, gently pour in the remaining milk and beat until your batter thins.
3. Heat the pan on a low heat and pour a tiny bit of oil into the pan. Put half a ladle of batter into the pan, tilting the pan to move the mixture around for a thin and even layer. Leave to cook, undisturbed, for about 30 seconds.
4. Move a spatula under the pancake to un-stick it from the pan, then quickly lift and flip it over. Flatten out the pancake so there are no folds.
5. Cook for another 30 seconds before serving. Add your chosen toppings and enjoy!
Fruit – Banana, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries
Sauce – Golden Syrup, Chocolate Sauce, Nutella, Lemon Juice, Orange Juice